1. Will the trim kit affect my valve alignment?
No! We have
designed the trim sets so that they match the factory parts. Also, we
ship factory standard top cap pads and stem felts with most sets. If
you find that your valve alignment is slightly misaligned, try using
your existing pads and felts. If there are still alignment problems,
we can custom fit trim sets to your trumpet.
2. Do I need to use rubber "O" rings with my trim kit?
O-rings are not needed for your trim kit to fit correctly. Some
players feel by adding o-rings and fine tuning the tension on the valve
caps, the trumpet response can be altered. O-rings can be added to
your order upon request for no cost.
3. Do you offer your trim kits in any retail stores?
4. Will weighted valve caps affect the sound of my trumpet?
Adding mass will affect the slotting and sound of your trumpet. Your
personal preferences will be the deciding factor in which weight to select.
5. Do you make parts for trumpets other than Bach, Schilke, Kanstul, Blackburn, and Yamaha?
currently produce kits for several standard Bach, Schilke, and Yamaha models,
however, we're compiling measurements for different trumpets often. Please send us an email with your trumpet/cornet/flugelhorn
model and we'll see if it's on file. If we don't have your trumpet
model measurements, we can measure sample parts from your trumpet and
return the parts to you within a couple of days. This guarantees proper fit and
6. How long does it take to get trim kits?
manufacture almost every kit in house the week the order is
received. If ordering raw brass, you can expect your order to arrive
within 2 weeks. Silver and gold plated kits take an
additional 2 weeks.
7. Do you have a trial period for trim kits and mouthpieces?
No, but we will exchange parts as necessary to help you find the proper weight. You need only pay the shipping!
8. Do you have a return policy?
9. What kind of plating and finish do you recommend?
most products, we offer two finishes: polished and brushed. And we
offer three plating options: none (raw brass), silver, and gold.
Personal preference is really what determines most folks request. The
raw brass finishes (polished and brushed) both will eventually tarnish,
turning to a reddish brown patina. This finish is great for raw brass
horns, as it will match well. The brushed silver and gold offer a
fantastic contrast to the polished silver and gold plated trumpets -
we've had many requests for brushed silver parts on a silver horn for
10. How do I check on my order?
First, log in
to see your account, then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen. Click on the order you'd like to see the status of. Your order will have the following statuses:
- Order Placed: This is the status as soon as you place and pay for your order.
- Order In Shop: This happens when your order is sent to our shop floor. We're working on producing your trim kit parts.
- Production Complete: This occurs when your trim kit parts are finished machining.
- At Plating: Since plating takes 1-2 weeks, we notify you that it's at the platers. (if you chose plating).
- Order Shipped: We update the status to shipped the day your order goes out so you know when to expect it. You'll also receive an email when your order ships.
- Order Under Review: If you'd like to return parts, exchange parts, or otherwise are unhappy with you trim kit, your order status will be changed to this so you know we're reviewing it.
- Canceled: Your order was canceled.
11. Is it safe to order from Pickett Brass online?
Yes! Our website is secured by a 128 bit SSL certificate whenever you are entering personal information (password, credit card number, etc). You will see the secure lock in your browser status bar.